Why You Need Rubbish Removal Services During Home RenovationsNovember 5, 2019
Pro Tips for Living Large in a Smaller HomeJanuary 5, 2020
Christmas is a marvellous time of the year and a great opportunity to get together with family and friends to share food, exchange gifts, and celebrate the year just past. However, it can also be a time when your household struggles to find enough space for all the things that make the holiday season special. Here are five tips that will help you in the lead up to this wonderful time of year.
- Team up with your kids to make room for new toys. A great way to do this is to set a realistic target for how much needs to go, then allow each child to make their own decisions about what to keep and what to discard.
- Before you begin your Christmas cooking spree, take a moment to sort through your pantry, refrigerator, and freezer. Discard anything which is out of date or spoiled, and donate unopened non-perishables to a local charity.
- Declutter your guest bedroom so that family and friends can come to stay. In many households, these spaces accumulate all sorts of unnecessary items, like a broken chair, an unwanted fan, or clothes that no longer fit. Before the holiday season, create a welcome space for guests by discarding or donating anything which you no longer need.
- Sort through your Christmas ornaments, festive table clothes, lights, and other seasonal decorations. Keep the things you love and treasure, while discarding things that are broken, outgrown, or unwanted. You might be surprised at how much storage space you can recover this way!
- Set a good example for your kids and prepare for the gift-giving season by sorting through your own possessions, and discarding or donating anything you no longer use. By making this an annual routine, you’ll find that your house stays naturally clutter-free with very little effort.
If you find that all this work has left you with a pile of household waste to dispose of, don’t despair! Call Any Rubbish on 0419 635 238 to ask how we can help and for an obligation-free quote. We can also help with disposal of hazardous household waste and construction materials so that you can be sure your house is a safe and happy place this Christmas.